Family Photo

Family Photo
April 2014

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Rattlesnake Ledge -- Aug 15, 2015

Yesterday we explored Rattlesnake lake and Rattlesnake Ridge. It's a somewhat steep two mile climb from the one to the other, but worth the work. We went the day after a rainstorm, so everything was green and glistening. We saw lots of interesting flora and fauna, including a nurse tree (a new tree growing out of a dead tree's trunk). We let Afton hike on her own for a while and she loved using a hiking pole and being independent. It tuckered her out, though. She was conked out on the ride home.

The view from the bottom:

The view from the top: 

Our adventures: 















1 comment:

  1. NEVER have I seen her asleep in the carseat! I love all that you've posted today and appreciate feeling almost like I'm there with you. Keep up the good work with this blog!

    ReplyDelete