Lately Afton has been saying “mmm!” after nearly every bite of food. It’s one of the cutest things she does and it makes us as parents feel good about our cooking. That is, it used to make us feel good until last night when we learned that Afton says that no matter what she puts in her mouth. (Warning, reader discretion is advised, this is a bathroom story).
Afton had a rough diaper day. She had an a higher than normal amount of dirty diapers and many were of an unusual consistency, which culminated in a very painful looking diaper rash. So before bathing her after her 5th dirty diaper of the day, I let her sit naked in the empty tub for a few minutes. She had only been in for a minute when I heard her grunt and looked over to see her pooping yet again. Since I was otherwise occupied, I had to call Robyn for assistance. By the time she arrived, Afton had already stepped in it and gotten it all over the back of her leg.
Robyn held Afton still while I cleaned the tub. Right when I finished, Afton felt the urge to urinate, so we rinsed her off, then I got in with her. (We bathe Afton by showering with her--she hates baths but strangely loves showers). I rinsed her off, soaped her off, and got her all clean (which was hard, because the area between her legs was very inflamed and painful, poor girl). Just as I finished, she once again let loose, this time all over me, so we had to go through the clean up process all over again.
When we finally finished, I dried Afton off and set her down. I figured that three times in fifteen minutes was the most any baby could possibly produce and that letting her get some air would help. So I turned around to grab my clothes. Big mistake. As I turned back around, I saw Afton squatting over a fresh mound and reaching down curiously with her hand. I yelled “Afton, no!” but before I could stop her, as if in slow motion, I saw her pick some up and put it in her mouth. She looked at me and enthusiastically exclaimed "mmmmm!" Some of it got on her face too, giving her a nice brown mustache. Once again I had to call for Robyn's help as Afton went back in the tub for a bath this time, like it or not. The last bath was relatively uneventful and I immediately put a diaper on her upon completion.
When we say that Afton will eat anything, I used to think that there may be some exceptions. I no longer do. Not only does she eat literally anything, she very much enjoys it too.
* Update Dec 8:
I've decided that I will tell this story to any boy who wants to date Afton. Should discourage kissing.
Here's a video showing Afton saying "mmm." She's eating refried beans in this video, but her reaction to her poop was if anything more enthusiastic:
* Update Dec 8:
I've decided that I will tell this story to any boy who wants to date Afton. Should discourage kissing.
Here's a video showing Afton saying "mmm." She's eating refried beans in this video, but her reaction to her poop was if anything more enthusiastic:
No comments:
Post a Comment